Saturday, January 2, 2010

Reworking my breakfast nook


I have an open floor plan where my living room, kitchen, and eating area are all combined. I haven't been happy with the eating area since we moved here a year ago. It just seemed like an awkward nook area....an after thought from the builder...with no personality. And you should know me well enough by now to know that all of my rooms gotta have personality! I think I've finally got it figured out. I put an old $20 church pew I found at a yard sale (It was painted green. I simply power washed it and all the paint came off! What a nice surprise.) Then above the church pew, I hung an old candy store sign (reproduction from Ballard's Design), and flanked it with two seagrass chairs to add a lighter feel. Here's the chnages it has gone through to get its new look.

My first attempt...Boring!



Getting better but still feels cold.



I think this finally works!!

No comments:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own picture slideshow


I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com


Beachy Bedroom

Beachy Bedroom

Shabby Chic Living Room

Shabby Chic Living Room
Powered by Blogger.

Shabby Chic Dining Room

Shabby Chic Dining Room