Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's a Cover-up!


Slipcovers.....my new favorite obsession! (Ranked right behind candles and fabric softeners) They can change the whole look of a room or of those old chairs you are so sick of looking at. If you are at all handy on the sewing machine, you can make some simple ones in no time. Full chair or sofa slipcovers are better left for the professionals and can get pricey. (A friend of mine in Atlanta covered her sofa in a homemade slipcover that she actually hot glued on!) I had two chairs and an ottoman slip covered in white denim a couple of years back. Initially, I tried to keep the dogs off of them, but shortly realized that was a losing battle. With our last move, the chairs have been relegated to the bedroom where they get less "paw traffic". When they do get dirty, however, I just throw them in the wash on the cold cycle and then dry them for about 10 minutes. They go back on the chairs damp and that way there are no wrinkles. I have bought little old footstools at garage sales and then went on EBay to my favorite slipcover sewer(gracefullydone) and had her make me a little cover. EBay, has great slipcovers by the way. Here's some of my favorite slipcovers:

These are my slipcovered chairs. (Notice the dog picture above them and the same picture in the photo below?)

1 comment:

A well Loved Home said...

I just found a great site called www.temtingtextiles.com They have cute slipcovers that are very reasonable! check it out

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own picture slideshow


I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com


Beachy Bedroom

Beachy Bedroom

Shabby Chic Living Room

Shabby Chic Living Room
Powered by Blogger.

Shabby Chic Dining Room

Shabby Chic Dining Room