Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Entryway Woes

I'm a very informal person. When we moved to our empty nester home last year, nothing we owned seemed to "fit" this house. We have always lived in the typical relaxed southern style homes. This house is much more formal with soaring ceilings at the entryway and fancy crown moldings everywhere. Pretty. Just not me. I visited my neighbors homes to get decorating ideas for the soaring walls in the entryway and most of them had beautiful antique chests and gorgeous artwork. Pretty. Just not me. So, as in typical Trash Can Annie style, I found an old ladder - make that half of an old ladder; and hung it fairly high on the wall. For a while I had old baskets hanging from it, but it always felt too country for me. This weekend I concocted a new use for it. I put some ribbon on some greenery and distressed picture frames and hung them. Now I just need to put some pictures of people I know in those frames. They come with such attractive little children these days! Pretty children. Just not mine.

2 comments:

My Cottage Charm said...

Very cool idea! :) I love your style!!
I also live in one of those homes with the soaring ceilings...also not me. I have turned out "very elegant" house into a "cottage style" retreat for us. :)
I'm having a Treasure Trove Thursday over at my blog if you'd like to link in....it just has to be about something you love...easy enough! :)
Have a great day!
http://mycottagecharm.blogspot.com

A well Loved Home said...

I love your blog! I didn't get on the Treasure Trove in time this week, but I'd love to do it next time. Thanks for stopping by and I'm going to go back and try and find pictures of your house for inspiration! Sue

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own picture slideshow


I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com


Beachy Bedroom

Beachy Bedroom

Shabby Chic Living Room

Shabby Chic Living Room
Powered by Blogger.

Shabby Chic Dining Room

Shabby Chic Dining Room