Thursday, March 4, 2010

Our Old Crate Coffee Tables project

This weekend Dave and I cleaned out some old crates we found in an abandoned shed and attached some industrial casters bought at Home depot to the bottom. I had hoped to put some Restore-A-Finish on them but the wood was so porous it didn't pass the patch test. So instead, I put a coat of polyurathane on them. I have taken a picture of them with and without a glass top. They obviously don't go with my living room furniture, but I can see them with a white shabby chic sofa or with the hinged lids off and used as planters in a sunroom. I will have them for sale at my upcoming Trash Can Annie sale (dates upcoming) In the meantime, I just wanted to get you thinking about how to use cast-offs. remember, industrial, rustic, and reclaimed is all the rage. This project cost me $48.00 for the casters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The box looks great, but you need to find a better price for casters!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own picture slideshow


I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com


Beachy Bedroom

Beachy Bedroom

Shabby Chic Living Room

Shabby Chic Living Room
Powered by Blogger.

Shabby Chic Dining Room

Shabby Chic Dining Room