Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Before you paint that wall pink or purple....

Little girls love brightly colored walls. I don't have any little girls, but I've been in enough homes for sale to know that if there's a girl in the house, odds are there is a purple or pink room lurking around the corner. I think that when you are living in your home, you should do whatever tickles your fancy. It's your home to enjoy and create. But as a realtor, I'm afraid I must be the bearer of bad news. Brightly colored walls are a real turn-off to potential buyers. So, if you are going to paint boldly, just be prepared to repaint a more quiet, neutral type color before you put your home on the market. Or better yet, put the color in your bedding and accessories that can go with you and paint the walls neutral to begin with. You will save yourself a lot of work. Here is an example of a charming little girls room that has color galore! It's all in very smart places, too. Notice the walls? You didn't? That's the whole idea

No comments:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own picture slideshow


I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com


Beachy Bedroom

Beachy Bedroom

Shabby Chic Living Room

Shabby Chic Living Room
Powered by Blogger.

Shabby Chic Dining Room

Shabby Chic Dining Room