Monday, June 28, 2010

My junk accumulation becomes a "thing"


If you are an avid junker like myself, you know you get accumulations of little piles of stuff you bought but don't know what to do with it ....quite yet. But you have faith that someday you can put all these little "treasures" together and get something that resembles the pretty pictures on your favorite blog. I have been buying white ironstone and ironstone look-a-likes for about a year now. About nine months ago I added tarnished silver to that list and recently fluted glass pitchers, and bowls. Now I discovered a gray enamelware. At least I think that's what you call it. How can someone love antiques and know very little about what she is buying? I just buy what I think is pretty....or usually what could be pretty. So here is my accumulation of under $5.00 thrift buys. It all came together when I spotted this 48 inch long shelf for $15.00 at the thrift store. It was brown wood and looked very old time country. I bought it and painted it white and distressed it. I found the one empty wall that was large enough for it and the sweet hubby hung it last night. (Twice, because I changed my mind about the height) Then I started dragging out the boxes of pretties that had been waiting patiently over the months and year and ta-DA! I have a thing. It makes me happy to walk by the thing and see all the discards I so adore. I tried to count how much money I have in everything and I'd estimate $110.00 plus a few cans of spray paint.

2 comments:

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I have two shelves that are 15' long with junk, I mean "treasures" and other decorating things that I hope to find a place!!! I really like how this turned out.

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I thing it's gorgeous!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own picture slideshow


I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com


Beachy Bedroom

Beachy Bedroom

Shabby Chic Living Room

Shabby Chic Living Room
Powered by Blogger.

Shabby Chic Dining Room

Shabby Chic Dining Room