Sunday, December 13, 2009

What Made You think of That?




If I was given a dime for every time I've been asked that question, my son's college education would already be paid for and he's only a sophomore. I don't think creativity can be explained in one simple answer; it's a recipe of multiple thoughts. All you need is a touch of craziness, a pocketful of mistakes, big gobs of humor and limitless imagination. And besides, southern women have always been resourceful. Remember Scarlett O'hara and her dress made out of draperies? The same is true in decorating. Reinvention is the key - whether it's taking a family heirloom and using it in a modern way or repurposing a flea market find. One thing that gets my heart beating faster is seeing something used for something other than what it's original purpose was. Don't hesitate to use quirky, one of-a-kind items in new ways; they're often the conversation pieces in the room! Here's some of my reinventions!

No comments:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own picture slideshow


I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com


Beachy Bedroom

Beachy Bedroom

Shabby Chic Living Room

Shabby Chic Living Room
Powered by Blogger.

Shabby Chic Dining Room

Shabby Chic Dining Room