Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Flea Market Style Home





Part of the charm of a house decorated with repurposed items is the paradox of worn finishes against fresh fabrics, age-softened edges against crisp backgrounds, weathered metal against gleaming crystal accents. Those of us who love flea market style learn to see things for what they are. I've heard it said that Michelangelo believed that his true calling as a sculptor was to reveal the figure waiting within the block of stone. It's something like that for junkers like myself: An old door holds within it the possibilities of a mirrored plant stand; a stack of mismatched teacups waits to be transformed into a lamp; salvaged lumber reaches out to frame a family photo.

1 comment:

Cheryl Frampton said...

Hi Sue, I really like your blog and loved reading it. Being in a similar field to you in Portland, Oregon, I found it fun, professional and most of all helpful. Thank you so much.
I have only recently started my own blog www.bigwhitegoose.blogspot.com so still learning. I come from London and moved recently, things are different here in the USA but not when it comes to the home. Oh by the way I placed your button on my blog to.
Bye for now Cheryl

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own picture slideshow


I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com


Beachy Bedroom

Beachy Bedroom

Shabby Chic Living Room

Shabby Chic Living Room
Powered by Blogger.

Shabby Chic Dining Room

Shabby Chic Dining Room