Sunday, August 14, 2011

Just a little Lovin' for a Salvation Army cast-off!

.

While I was looking for pot and pan lids at the Salvation Army this weekend, I found this little girl looking all raggedy and lonely looking. For a twenty dollar bill, I brought her home. Did I take a before picture? Of course not. Only organized minds would think of that. Let me describe her. She had only two drawer pulls hanging off off of her. It didn't matter because her drawers didn't open anyway. She was an oak piece with a few gouges, scratches and sad tears. Okay, no tears but she was pitiful. I had a couple of hours today and dressed her up all pretty like in a nice turquoise outfit. New knobs from Lowe's and some work on her drawers so she functioned. Two hours later, she's sitting in the garage all dressed up and no where to go. Maybe she needs to live at my beach house under the beachy planked flag that I painted from the same color of paint. It's Woodlawn Blue from Benjamin Moore. Smitten.

No comments:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own picture slideshow


I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com


Beachy Bedroom

Beachy Bedroom

Shabby Chic Living Room

Shabby Chic Living Room
Powered by Blogger.

Shabby Chic Dining Room

Shabby Chic Dining Room